There are many indications for Orthodontic Treatment.
- Overbite (Overjet)
- An open bite is a bite problem where most often the front teeth do not touch. There are also cases where the bite does not touch on the sides. Open bites can be caused by habits such a thumb or finger sucking, tongue thrust whereby patients swallow by pushing there tongues forward when swallowing or growth problems with the jaw.
- Impacted Teeth
- Impacted teeth refers to a situation where teeth are trapped in the jaw and do not erupt into the mouth. The most often teeth to be impacted are the cuspid or canine teeth. The treatment of impacted teeth is very important because it can cause bite problems and also affect the health of the adjacent teeth
- Generalized Spacing
- Spacing occurs when the size of the teeth is smaller than the size of the jaw.
- Space Between the Front teeth (Diastema)
- This is a space between the front teeth most often on the upper jaw. The space can because the result of small upper teeth, excessive gum tissue, lack of bone between the teeth or a strong frenum(muscle attachment) between the front teeth.